At each stage of our lives, there are only a few things we can do and actually get away with. There are also certain time relevant things we need to get done at a particular stage.. This list is about creating awesome memories in your early 20’s and investing in your future. Some of which you can still do no matter how old you are. I asked around/did some research and I present to you my interesting findings.
1. Be yourself– Always be yourself, with your girlfriends or with your partner.
2. Find your passion/ Never let go of your dreams– everyone has a passion. Its easy to get lazy and carried away when you have a job, but always find time to pursue your true passion.
3. Set goals– Time block your day, set a timer for things you need to get done. Set a 5 year goal before you turn 30.
4. Party all night– At least for once, pull an all Nighter just for the fun of it and go to work the next day with dark sunshades and a cup of coffee like a boss. You wouldn’t want to do this in your 30’s when you have kids to raise.
5. Save– put an amount of money in a savings account every month
6. Travel– it could be locally or internationally, there’s so much of the world to see and learn from, a change of scenery can be enlightening or inspiring. A quote by Saint Augustine- the world is a book and those who don’t travel read only one page.
7. Fall in love– Nobody plans to fall in love but be open to the idea, Life is so much better when you have someone to lean on
8. Ask someone out/ Kiss someone out of your league– Ask your crush out, it doesn’t matter what they say. Kiss a footballer, a model, a doctor.
9. Get fit– Find a sport or activity you enjoy. Live healthy. The earlier you start this the healthier you will be in your 50’s
10. Have a wide circle of friends– Not just girls of a certain age range, make friends with an older aunt, an older colleague at work.
11. Be single and Be in a committed relationship– At some point in your early 20’s you should have experienced being single and also being in a committed relationship, we have so much to learn about ourselves and about other people. We learn to communicate, compromise, trust and respect other people.
12. Get a GP, hairdresser, dentist, Lawyer– You need to keep track of your health, you’re not 18 anymore, if you feel sick go to the hospital, don’t take chances.
13. Learn to say NO– If you cant walk in heels just stop. If you don’t like how u feel after smoking, quit it.
14. Give/ Volunteer– Always help people that are below you. Be a blessing. You can also give to charities online
15. Have a date with yourself– Go to the movies alone, or lunch
16. Get a professional bra fitting– This is so needed, we often wear the wrong sizes. Know your true size so you have the best shape in your clothes
17. Take more pictures and print out a few – Thank God for technology
18. Make a video to your older self– It’d be so cool to see how you looked and talked and how goofy you were when you were younger, you can play this video on your 40th birthday and laugh over it with your kids.
19. Go to concerts/ music festivals– DANCE!! Even if you don’t know how to, enjoy the music, nobody likes people who don’t dance
20. Let go– let go of all the drama in your life, that girlfriend that makes you feel shitty about yourself, or that relationship that makes you act like a psycho. Some people are just miserable, they wake up angry and stay angry till they die, cut them off.
21. Speak your mind– To everyone, your boss, your girlfriends, boyfriend- tell your boss why you need a raise.
22. Don’t deprive yourself– Depriving yourself of every enjoyment in life is just crazy. Eat that cake!
23. Be happy– No matter what you have going on, try to always be happy. Laughter is the best medicine. Have a positive attitude towards life
24. Have a wardrobe with– Own at least a sexy party dress, an expensive handbag, a signature perfume and a hot red lipstick
25. Write your personal number 25 in the comments section
Pictures taken by @mainframe_imagery
What I’m wearing- Guess sneakers, My sister’s studded cap from Ashley stewart, Forever21 culottes
Countdown Timer- 29 days to Stylepad’s Wardrobe Swap